California Consumer Privacy Rights
If you live in California, please view our California Consumer Privacy Statement at www.clearblue.com/california-consumer-privacy-statement for information about our data processing practices as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act 2018.
The key points are:
- We will not sell Your personal data, nor share it, except as described below.
- We will have in place safeguards to protect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access or use;
- ”App" means Clearblue® me Period Tracker app.
- “PIN” means personal identification number, the 4 digit code on the Contact us page of your App used by Clearblue to access your results
- ”Service” or “Services” means the Clearblue® me Period Tracker App, or any associated service such as the Clearblue® Helpline.
- “SPD” means SPD Swiss Precision Diagnostics GmbH.
- “We”, “Us” or “Our” means SPD Swiss Precision Diagnostics GmbH, the entity responsible for the processing of your personal information (the data controller), and associated companies.
- “You” “Your” or “User” means any person using the Service.
Personal information We collect and how We use it
Personal information is defined in this policy as information that identifies You, may be reasonably used to identify You or is of a personal nature.
We collect Your email address, username, PIN and age.. We use this information for Our legitimate interests, which We can describe further upon request, including to:
- set up and manage Your account;
- send You emails with information about Our Services;
- help answer Your questions or respond to Your requests;
- offer and provide Our products and Services to You;
- provide You with information about topics related to menstrual cycles/periods/fertility/pregnancy/women’s health;
- investigate any issues with Our products and Services;
- send marketing communications (for which We will obtain Your consent to the extent required by applicable law);
- analyse how the App is used so We can identify possible improvements and product development possibilities; and
- comply with legal or security requirements or authority requests as per law or relevant industry standards.
We also collect data regarding Your periods and related health information to provide You with the Clearblue® me app functions, including Your height, weight, use of hormonal birth control, pregnancy status, breastfeeding status, period flow, headaches, appetite change, mood, breast tenderness, skin condition, cycle length and any other information You have added on to the Service which identifies You or might reasonably be used to identify You individually. In certain jurisdictions, this data may be considered sensitive information. To the extent required by applicable law, We obtain your consent to collect and use this data. You may withdraw this consent at any time as further explained below.
When collecting your personal information, We will let you know which information is required to use the App. If You fail to provide us with such required information, We may not be able to provide you with the Clearblue® me app functions.
We may also use the data collected via the App for additional purposes such as publishing scientific data, in which case We would anonymize the data before using it so that You would not be identifiable in any way.
We do not intentionally collect or retain personal information about children under the age of 16 years. This App is not intended for children under the age of 16 years.
When You access the Service, We may collect certain information from You by automated means, such as: using cookies to track information about the date and time when You access the App or a Service, the make, model and operating system version of Your mobile phone on which the App is installed and your IP address, in order to enable Us to support the running of the Service.
We may ask You to provide Us with feedback or reviews on other sites. We are not responsible for the content or operation of these other sites. We cannot guarantee the privacy policies of these other sites and We recommend You read them before using.
- Companies in our group. Our parent company and affiliated companies globally, including but not limited to, those located in the United States, the European Economic Area and the UK.
- Service providers. We use partners to help Us provide some Services such as cloud services, email delivery, analytics and crash reporting and, if necessary, these companies may be granted access to Your personal information. These organisations are not authorised by Us to use or disclose Your information except as necessary to perform services on Our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We do not sell Your personal information to third parties in exchange for monetary compensation or other consideration.
We also will disclose Your personal information if for example:
- required to do so by law or regulation of legal process (such as subpoena or court order);
- requested by government agencies such as law enforcement authorities;
- necessary for legal proceedings such as defending Our legal rights; or
- We believe that doing so would protect physical harm or financial loss linked to suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information We have about You with the Service if We sell or transfer all or part of Our business.
Any information You provide may be transferred outside the country where it was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country You were in. When We transfer Your information to other countries We will implement appropriate safeguards to protect that information and will comply with applicable legal requirements in the receiving country. Further information about data transfers and the safeguards We implement may be obtained by contacting us as indicated below.
How We protect Your information
We have in place safeguards to protect Your personal information against loss, accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access or use. These are intended to protect the security and integrity of all Our information, including Your personal information.
Requesting access or correction to Your data
Depending on the law in Your jurisdiction You may have the right to:
- request copies of or access certain personal information we maintain about You;
- request that We update or correct Your personal information;
- restrict Our use of Your personal information;
- withdraw any consent you provided (the withdrawal of your consent will have future effect and will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your data before you withdrew Your consent);
- ask Us to block or delete Your personal information from Our database;
- object at any time to the processing of Your personal information on grounds relating to Your particular situation and, in any event, to the processing of Your personal information for direct marketing purposes; and
- in certain circumstances, request that We provide You with a copy of Your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have this information transmitted to another entity, where it is technically feasible.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact Us through the details in the “Who to contact” section below. Some of Our Services can only be provided to You if you provide Us with appropriate personal information. To help protect the data We store, We may need to check Your identity before allowing access to Your information. Where permitted under applicable law, a charge may apply before We provide You with a copy of any of Your personal information that We store.
Personal Information Retention Period
Who to contact
If You no longer wish to receive marketing communications, You can follow the opt-out/unsubscribe instructions sent within such marketing communications. We may need to keep information to honor your choices. For example, if you tell us to stop sending marketing emails, we will need your email address on file so that our systems remember that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications to that email address.
If You have product related inquiries, please contact [email protected]
Effective as of April 1 2021.