The Clearblue® Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown is the only test that reassures you that the test is working and when the answer is coming. Only Clearblue® has a unique progress indicator that counts down to the result and gives you confidence every step of the way until your result is digitally displayed in words. The extra wide tip makes it easy to use and the unique Floodguard™ Technology inside helps keep excess urine from entering the device and causing test errors. The test also features a hygienic cap. Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown gives you reassurance while you wait for your result and an accurate digital reading even in early pregnancy1.
Reassures You the Test is Working
The only pregnancy test that counts down to the result.
Get Your Answers in Words
Clear digital results in WORDS means no interpreting lines, and an accurate reading at an emotional time.
Designed to Reduce Errors During Testing
The extra wide absorbent tip and integrated Floodguard™ Technology help reduce the #1 reported cause of user error by over 70%2.
Accuracy You Can Trust
The test is over 99% accurate at detecting pregnancy from the day of the expected period3.
Can Test 5 Days Before your Missed Period
Sensitive enough to be used 5 days sooner than waiting until you miss your period to test1.
More product views
What do other people think?
"I used to think pregnancy test were all the same – the first ones I used I got online as they were so cheap but they were just a flimsy bit of paper – so messy to use and really hard to tell if there was a line or not. I went a got a Clearblue Digital after that and seeing the result in words took all the doubt and stress out of the testing process."
How to use Clearblue® Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown
1. Before you begin
Always read the instruction leaflet carefully before taking a pregnancy test.
If you're testing from the day you expect your period, you can test at any time of the day. If you're testing early, use the first urine of the day. When ready to test, remove the digital pregnancy test stick from the foil wrapper and take off the blue cap. Use the test right away.
2. Take the test
Place the absorbent tip in your urine stream for 5 seconds only. Or instead, place the absorbent tip in a sample of urine collected in a clean, dry container for 20 seconds only. Replace the cap and lay the test stick flat.
The Smart Countdown will now be shown on the display so you know the test is working. Each segment will appear (flashing) in sequence to show the test is progressing.
3. Read your results
Your result will appear within 3 minutes, and some results may be shown in as little as 1 minute – the Smart Countdown will progress more quickly in this case. A ‘Pregnant’ (positive) result will remain on the display for up to 6 months. A ‘Not Pregnant’ (negative) result will remain on the display for approximately 24 hours.
My test says ‘Pregnant’ what should I do?
If your test says you are pregnant (positive) you should see your doctor who can advise you on what steps you should take next.
My test says ‘Not Pregnant’ what should I do?
You may not be pregnant (negative), or the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected, or you may have miscalculated the day your period was due.
- If you tested early, test again when you expect your period.
- If your period is overdue, test again in 3 days' time. If this test gives you a 'Not Pregnant' (negative) result and you still have not had your period, see your doctor.
How accurate is Clearblue® Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown?
Clearblue® Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown is more than 99% accurate in laboratory tests, when used from the day you expect your period 3.
When can I take Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown?
Clearblue® Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown can be used to test 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period).1 If you test before your expected period and get a ‘Not Pregnant’ (negative) result, there is still a chance you may be pregnant. See the chart below for results from clinical testing of Clearblue® Digital with early pregnancy samples.
|Number of days before the expected period||-1||-2||-3||-4|
|% of samples from pregnant women giving a 'Pregnant' result||>99%||95%||98%||75%|
- If you have irregular cycles, you should allow for your longest cycle in recent months before testing.
- If you have no idea when your period is due, we recommend testing at least 19 days after the last time you had unprotected sex.
How does Clearblue® Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown work?
When you are pregnant, your body produces the pregnancy hormone hCG (human Chorionic Gonadotropin). The level of hCG in your body increases in the early stages of pregnancy. Clearblue® Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown can detect tiny amounts of this hormone in your urine (the sensitivity of this test is 25mIU/ml).
Can any medication or medical conditions affect the test result?
- Always read the manufacturers' instructions for any medication you are taking before conducting the pregnancy test.
- Fertility drugs containing hCG (such as Pregnyl® and Profasi®4) can give misleading results. These fertility drugs are usually given by injection and testing too soon after administration may give a false ‘Pregnant’ result.
- Other fertility therapies, painkillers and hormonal contraceptives (e.g. birth control pills) are unlikely to affect the pregnancy test result. However, if you have recently stopped taking hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon.
- If you have recently been pregnant (even if you did not carry to full-term) you may get a false positive ‘Pregnant’ result.
- Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results.
If you do get unexpected test results you should discuss them with your doctor.
I previously tested ‘Pregnant’ but have tested again and got a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, or my period has started. What does this mean?
It is possible to get a pregnant (positive) result and find out later you are no longer pregnant (i.e., you may later get a not pregnant result, or your period may start). This is called early pregnancy loss which is not uncommon, affecting around 1 in 4 pregnancies. However most women can go on to have a healthy pregnancy afterwards. If you do get unexpected results, ask your doctor for advice.
The Smart Countdown went much faster that I expected, what does this mean?
Some test results can be displayed in as little as 1 minute. In such cases the Smart Countdown segments will appear more quickly.
What are the early signs of pregnancy?
There are various symptoms that can indicate you might be pregnant, even if you might not experience any/all of them.
When can I take a pregnancy test?
If you think you might be pregnant, you want to know right away. But it’s important to understand what’s happening in your body so you know how soon you can test.
- Can be used 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period). In lab testing, pregnancy detection rates were: >99% one day before the expected period, 95% 2 days before, 98% 3 days before, and 75% 4 days before (5 days earlier than your missed period).
- Data on file.
- >99% accurate at detecting typical pregnancy hormone levels. Note that hormone levels vary. See insert.
- Pregnyl® is a registered trademark of Organon USA Inc. Profasi® is a registered trademark of Ares Trading S.A.